Saturday, April 3, 2010

Test of faith

Blind are my eyes that can’t see the future
Watery they become when I remember the past
The ability to plan the outcome
yet walking in the dark to the pathway
of decisions that are predestined

Life a priceless gift from the One and Only Creator
A test of faith with obstacles at every turn
Judging at each corner to step ahead
Or return to the road not taken

Being a solider of Allah
yet the devil in my ear trying to lead me astray
Performing jihad though not a shedder of blood
Hijab, a symbol of faith, freedom, and modesty
Yet a prisoner in the eyes of the unbelievers

Judged by appearance as uneducated
But when I open my mouth
the words of wisdom enlighten the heart

Walking, talking sign of Islam
Yet perceived as unliberated
Misunderstood as a terrorist
yet practicing a religion which symbolizes peace

Those who choose to walk on the road
not taken only fool themselves
Though their outcome is predestined,
the power of supplication
and the will of the One and Only Creator
can rise a person from the pits of hell
To the door of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment